Crystalline Fructose,commonly used in juices,yogurts,nutrition and energy supplement drinks,and other products as an alternative to sucrose,is a processed sweetener derived from corn.It can also be made from sucrose by splitting the fructose and glucose molecules. Federal standards define it should be at least 98% fructose with the remaining 2% as water and minerals.It is estimated to be about 20 percent sweeter than table sugar, and 5% sweeter than HFCS.It can offers several unique benefits that make it more advantageous to use compared to high fructose corn syrup and other sweeteners.
Presently,it can also be used to produce Allulose.
·Prevents the drying of the product with its hygroscopic characteristics
·Provides microbial durability
·Use in diabetes
·Reduced use due to sweetness