Place of Origin
Package & Delivery Lead Time
Delivery Lead Time
Type of Certification
Start Date (validity period)
End Date (validity period)
A horizontal split case pump is a unique type of centrifugal pump whose casing is divided into two distinct chambers, which is different from inline or end suction pumps that are assembled with the suction nozzle, discharge nozzle, and casing in one chamber.
The casing can be split vertically or horizontally, relative to the impeller, which gives you either a vertical split case or a horizontal split case pump,respectively. Some manufacturers also offer custom configurations to optimize the pump for specific applications.
Horizontal split case centrifugal pumps are designed with the suction and discharge nozzles in the bottom half of the casing,side by side, while the impeller shaft is positioned between two bearings, one on each side.
This rugged but simple design is particularly suitable for higher flow applications as it reduces thrust loads and allows for operation over a broad range of capacities. With proper application, HSC pumps offer minimal power consumption, low maintenance costs, and extended service life.
Other design features of HSC pumps include:.
A double suction impeller that offers lower axial thrust and superior Net Positive Suction Head (NPSH).
Double volute casing to minimize radial bearing loads.
Dual pump seals to seal suction pressure.Common applications of horizontal split case(HSC) pumps.
These pumps are typically used to carry low-viscosity liquids such as clear water and unsaturated wastewater from industrial processes at average heads.
HSC pumps can be used for higher flow rate applications that are not suitable for end suction pumps,such as fire pumps,portable water distribution, plant make-up water, pipelines, cooling water, and other industrial process flows with fairly thin fluids.
Depending on your specific application, you can option for either the single stage HSC pumpwith a head of up to 550 feet at 140,000 gpm, or the multi-stage HSC pumpwith a maximum head of 2.200 ft, max. operating pressure of 740 psi, and flow range of up to 2,000 gpm, which is suitable for heavy duty, high pressure applications.
Keep in mind that HSC pumps are not suitable for transporting thick or viscous liquids, as well as those containing solids
EOW or EOWV is the interchange with OMEGA or RDL, EOW or EWWV type is the axially split case pump, single stage, double suction pump. EOW is the horizontal single stage split case pump and EOWV is the vertical single stage split case pump. The EOW type horizontal split case pump and vertical EOWV type split case pump have the same performance. EOW(V) split case pump is pump featured with high efficiency and reliable performance. Due to the excellent performance and high quality from EU-Flo Pump, the pumps are widely selected by the users all over the world for their primary liquid pumping equipment in their projects.
However, EU-Flo Pump is always making the innovation of the NPSHr and efficiency and expanding the performance range of EOW(V) split case pump in order to meet the clients’ more application requirements. EOW(V) is the ideal split case pump for your projects.
- Double volute design for pumps with single head over 160m, completely balance the radial force and ensure reliable service and save your maintenance costs.
- Horizontal and vertical construction allow your flexible installation request.
- Foot support and centerline support is optional for your flexible application.
- Optional rotation for clockwise (CW) and anti-clockwise (CCW).
- Optional shaft sealing for single seal mechanical seal, double mechanical seal, cartridge mechanical seal and soft packing.
- Optional stuffing box cooled by third coolant, bearing bracket with cooling jacket or finned shape to allow the pump to transfer your very hot liquid.
- Normally the suction and discharge Flange is horizontal at the same centerline. EU-Flo Pump can also supply suction nozzle is down or vertical, discharge nozzle vertical to fit your pipeline arrangement.
- Bearing lubrication is optional for grease or oil. Sleeve bearing is also possible.
- Optional bearing temperature and vibration sensors allow you to know the working of the pump.
- High Efficiencies and reduced energy consumption, double suction impeller with optimum hydraulics optimized by CFD analysis and the fluid experts from EU-Flo Pump
- 3D design to ensure nice performance and excellent construction.
- Some double Volute Casing design, Pumps generating high heads have double volutes to reduce radial forces, ensuring minimal shaft deflection and low bearing loads and allow operation over a widely range performance at Best Efficiency Point(BEP).
- Dynamically balanced impeller that minimizes vibration and maximizes bearing life