UTM (Universal Transport Medium)
T-HMS Universal Transport Medium for COVID-19, Viruses, Chlamydia, Mycoplasma and Ureaplasma.
T-HMS UTM and swab system is intended for collection and transport of clinical specimens containing Viruses, Chlamydiae, Mycoplasma or Ureaplasma
from the collection site to the testing laboratory.
UTM kit can be processed using standard clinical laboratory operating procedures. It is available in single tube or in kit format associated to traditional swab.
It is an ideal procedure for diagnosing infections caused by Virus. Chlamydia, Mycoplasma and Ureaplasma for sampling and safe transport of biological samples. It contains universal ingredients to maintain the viability of organisms including clinically important Virus,Chlamydia, Mycoplasma or Ureaplasma.
It contains proteins to stabilize the medium and antibiotics to minimize contamination of bacteria and fungi.
1. T-HMS UTM and Swab system can be processed using standard clinical laboratory operating procedures for viral, chlamydial, mycoplasma and ureaplasma culture.
2. T-HMS UTM includes one labeled plastic screw-cap tube of UTM medium design with conical bottom containing transport medium(3ml).
3. The internal part of the tube is in a conical shape but thanks to an outer skirt the tube is able to stand without the need of tube racks.
4. The Nasopharyngeal Swab samples are the preferred specimens for respiratory virus rapid antigen and Real Time PCR testing.
5. The Nasopharyngeal Swab has a white plastic shaft with 3 different thicknesses, ending in a flock tip.
6. The Oropharyngeal Swab is used to collect oral epithelial cells and included the Buccal Swab DNA Preservation & Transport Kit.
7. The Oropharyngeal Swab contains nucleic acid preservation medium for stable storage at room temperature, and the Self-Drying Oropharyngeal
Swab Kit for stable storage at room temperature in the storage tube.
Kit for stable storage